Texas A&M AgriLife Extension is proud to announce the Walk Across Texas! (WAT!) 25th Year Anniversary Challenge! Developed in 1996, the Walk Across Texas! program has reached over 615,000 participants and has contributed to an estimated economic impact of over $2.2 billion dollars.
The WAT! 25 Challenge starts in September and we invite you to join us to be a part of our upcoming recognition of this milestone achievement.
Join us by registering to walk with a team of friends, family members, colleauges, or classmates. Select any start date in September and you will join a community connected through a positive journey towards a common, healthier goal.
Everyone is encouraged to take part in the WAT! 25 Challenge, no matter your fitness level. So, let's all take action toward our goal of a more active Texas and together take the first step by registering today!
As part of the WAT! 25 Challenge, AgriLife Extension will host a variety of in-person and virtual program support WALK activities for participants. This includes weekly communication and challenge updates for participants. Also, we will have tons of prizes and raffles.
Before creating a team, if you know your team will be part of a league then please retrieve your League Code from your invitation email or your league commissioner before proceeding. If you are creating a solo team that will not be part of a league, then no League Code is required.
To create a team, please follow these instructions:
- Create or log into your Howdy Health account at https://howdyhealth.org/programs
- Click the Dashboard button under the WAT! Adult or WAT! Youth section
- Click the 'Create a Team' button.
- Complete the create a team form and select a start date on (or about) September 15, 2021
- Invite friends, family and coworkers to join your team
- If you will be participating as a member on the team, select the option to join the team once created.
- You are now ready to join the WAT! 25 Challenge, stay tuned for more information that will support your virtual journey across Texas!